Yields 1 baking sheet of crackers. Recipe inspired by Oh My Veggies.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated Monterrey Jack & cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp egg replacer
- ½ tsp each of dried oregano, basil and thyme
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir in ½ cup cheese and minced jalapenos.
- Add in butter and egg replacer and stir until all the ingredients are bonded into a dough.
- On a large cookie sheet, roll out very thinly into a rough rectangle between sheets of parchment paper. Try to make sure it is of an even thickness so your edges don’t cook faster than the middle.
- Remove top layer of parchment. With a sharp knife, score into desired size of cracker. I made mine about 2 inches by 2 inches.
- Bake until firm and edges are browned and crispy, about 45 minutes. Cook time will depend on how thin you rolled the dough.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (they won’t be crisp until completely cooled).