Muthias are steamed and tempered stir fried dumplings. Totally keto-mixed flour, bottle gourd, fenugreek leaves, herbs and spices. I am going to use it as a meal, but you can always use it as a snack too.
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
1 cup pea protein
1 cup inulin fiber
1 cup physillium husk
1 cup oat fiber
1.5 cup of flaxmeal
1/2 tsp Monkfruit sweetener
2 cups very fine shredded bottle gourd
2 cups keto-flour
1 cup chopped fenugreek leaves
2 tbs hung yogurt
2 chopped green chili (adjust to taste)
1 tbs cumin (jeera)
2 tbs carrom seeds
3 tbs hempseeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbs salt (adjust to taste)
2 tbs oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbs sesame seeds (til)
4 chopped green chili
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Combine keto-flour, bottle-gourd, fenugreek, cumin seed, turmeric, green chili, sugar, yogurt, oil, and salt in a bowl and mix well to make soft dough. Add water if needed.
2. Grease your fingers and divide the mixture into 8 rolls of dough. Place each of these onto a steamer and steam, covered, 18 to 20 minutes. Check if they are done using a knife; and it should come out clean.
3. Let the muthias cool. Cut then into the required sized pieces.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the mustard seeds. Once they crack, add the sesame seeds and green chili and garlic. Stir fry the mixture a few seconds.
Add muthias and fry them for three to four minutes until they are light brown. Garnish them with chopped cilantro and turn off the flame. I added some lemon juice to give that tangy flavor.
Serve them hot or at room temperature.
Keto Sesame Brittle.
1 cup white sesame
1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
1/2 tsp ghee
3 cardamoms finely powdered(optional)
1. Dry roast the sesame seeds until light brown
2. Add the ghee to a pot, and add monkfruit sweetener on low flame and let it melt and keep stirring. It took a couple of minutes for this to melt and I couldn’t bring this to a string boil. Took me about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cardamom powder and toasted sesame and mix it well.
4. Grease a plate/cookie sheet and flatten the mixture using a rolling pin or hand(if you are bold, lol)
5. Cut into the desired shapes and let it cool and store them away.